Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm still sweatin

So guys, it occurred to me, just now, yeah, right this moment, that I haven't been updating you on the ever so juicy details of my bikram life.

Last time I posted, I believe I told you all just how sad I was feeling. Well, hopefully, you'll all be very glad to know that I am past that. Like I had sort of expected, the sadness eventually just ended. So, that is what I wanted to tell you.

But, also, I was thinking about my yoga practice today. I took a class with a new teach last night, which I had all but written off as now that I finally have a home studio. There is a certain excitement I get when I have a new teacher. I like to tell myself it's because a new teacher means a new personality and possibly a new bit of dialogue or anecdote. But, if I'm being totally honest, I think it is also because I get a chance to show off. I don't have the best practice, but when I feel like I'm impressing a new teacher I really like to show them that I'm a hard worker.

So, last night my "standing separate leg stretching" was so good! I was so close to finally touching my head to the ground. I also just watched a video that I found online talking about all the benefits of this posture and it made me even more excited about the fact that I put so much effort into it. I get so excited when I hear about the benefits each posture gives my body. It is a real boost to my practice, and it can be to yours too!


No comments:

Post a Comment